April 29, 2015

Bee Conscious

My job raises issues consistently that encourages me to be conscious of our environment.  My work encourages me to be involved, be responsible for a better planet, a sustainable backyard that broadens its arms into a sustainable world to improve our overall conditions of living a healthier more productive life.  Yes..my job enriches me through the key teachings of the steps we must take as individuals to become involved in a global effort to save an ecosystem to sustain life.

Bee conscious is about our friend the bee and his friends.  Pollinators...interesting word...humans are pollinators, that is us sista girl, in our ecosystem through our gardening.  


Fascinating that we have depleted in our years our one precious valuable resource  of our pollinators that create a sustainable ecosystem.





 I am a cook, gardener, a creative soul and a person who loves the beauty of the bees, butterflies, moths and hummingbirds.  I created a sanctuary for my peaceful joy of  the most beautiful butterfly/hummingbird garden when I owned my home. I created a indigenous garden that included plants that would sustain a food source for them to thrive.  The sheer delight during the day of  when I saw the beauty of the colors of the butterflies dancing with dragonflies, moths and hummingbirds brought such joy and peace to my day.  A loving gift..

A tribute to our friends that help us to enjoy the simple rewards of their loving fruit of labor.

Honeylicious Lemonade

Serves 6 to 8
Prep time 5 min
cook time 1-2 min
Total time 7 min

1 to 1/2  cups of  lemon juice * 6 large lemons  this is based on taste of the lemon flavor you enjoy 
1 liters of filtered water
1 cup of local honey

Heat the water to mix the honey well.  Do not overheat!
Mix together  the lemon juice, water and honey
Serve in your favorite to serve over ice with a sprig of mint with two berries of your choice and a lemon slice.



Essence of Earth Cheese Platter

Rich Double Creme Brie
Veined Blue Cheese
Herbed Goats Cheese
Manchengo
Gouda

Serve with a rustic baguette, walnuts, roasted pecans, fresh figs, blackberries with local honey drizzled over the cheeses.
Embellish with edible flowers found in the packaged herb sections of your market.

Serves  10 - 12 people
Prep time 15 minutes






No comments:

Post a Comment