November 03, 2016

Hello November


Hello November, my sweet friend, who brings to me the anticipation of :

rainy day
warm comfort food
small gatherings
shopping
fall vintage markets
super moon viewing

My body clock starts the tempo of yearning to wear boots, flannel shirts with age, jeans, leggings, always my go to turquoise jewelry and road trips.  I can always find an excuse to go on a road trip just about any season of the year.

The crisp cooler air mixed with the aromatics of fall.  Heady earthy scents wrap around me.  I stop for a moment...ahhh...one more glorious fall that I will thoroughly embrace for the treasured gifts that I will receive.

I am planning a trip to go to view the fall leaves that turn here in Texas.  Yes, we have leaves that actually give to us the beauty of the jewel tones of fall.  The southwest region has a beautiful drive peppered with hills that give us the beauty of the maples, rich henna colored rock walls, famous apple town of Texas , and the reminder that life is grand in small towns. I will be remote..no T.V. no computer.

Rejuvenate
Reconnect
Relaxtion

I have already started to anticipate my trip.  I have a plan on paper for my Thanksgiving.  I have  a "no-plan" for my non-work days.  Adventures are waiting.  Find your adventure!

I will cook, sit by a fire, look at the wide open sky that twinkles with stars and be grateful.












Take a moment to find your fall adventure.  A gathering with friends would be a great start to kick off the adventures of  November.  How about a Super Moon Viewing on November 14th?

Sparkling Cranberry Drink

2 bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon
1 bottle of Cranberry Sparkling Water
1-2  cans of cranberry or bottles of cranberry drink
ice in star shapes ( if you have a star ice tray) or cranberries frozen in ice

Mix all together.  You can adjust the amount of the cranberry juice to your liking or be creative to add a bottle of pomegrante juice instead of 2 cranberry.  Add the ice cubes just before serving.

This is a lovely drink in a glass drink dispenser.

Cheesey Bread

1 can of crescent rolls in sheet form
1 package of cheddar cheese* only use 4 ounces of cheese
2-4 T  flour
1-2 T butter
pastry brush
paprika
italian seasoning
baking sheet

Preheat oven according to directions on package
roll out sheet on floured board
cut  out shapes with leave cutter or by hand
place on parchment paper on cookie sheet
sprinkle with cheese
dust with paprika and italian seasoning for color

Bake
Remove
Serve hot or cold

Make a beautiful tray of red grapes, walnuts,  cheeses, hummus

Happy Super Moon Gazing!









No comments:

Post a Comment