August 11, 2017

Swirling Leaves

I feel the beginning of fall.  I feel the stirring of the fall season creeping around the corner.  I feel the most wonderful time of the year to me.  I love the bustle of the fall.  I love the changing of leaves, the movement of wild life bustling through the greenbelt and the rich jewel tones of the fall.  

I am a fall baby.  I was born in the fall.  The fall is my happy place.  The fall brings peace to my soul.  I love to entertain at all times.  I find myself making warm, comfort food with a healthy twist to the recipes.  I wear my boots, jeans, denim shirts and drink rich robust coffee.  I take more road trips.  

Whew, a lot of "I" in there but after all, it is a time for me to embrace fully.  

The word gather means to take in from "scattered places" ..that is only one of the definitions.  I think to gather is a time for us to relax a little more in the fall.  This is a time where we cast reflections of the year that has passed by us.  We review the seasons with fond memories that have brought smiles to our faces, made our hearts full of love and memories to keep forever.  The season at the end of the year is a time for us to gather together with loved ones and friends.  We are at a more peaceful pace to enjoy the fall fairs, the flea markets, craft fairs, football games, small dinners, and adventures.  

So..when you find yourself at a gathering be sure to look at each one who is surrounding you.  Take a deep breath, look at the glorious evening or day, and remember you are blessed.  Be grateful.  Be thankful.  Be blessed.  The bliss of the gift is so very simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment