October 08, 2016

Weekend Warrior

I don't know how you welcome your weekends of non-work days, but I welcome the days with a giddy anticipation of the adventures that will unfold for me.

Glorious colors of all the colors of fall on the back roads as I travel to fall festivals, music, wine/vineyards, and  farmers markets.  My sissi and I never meet a stranger.  Nope..you will not remain a stranger for long if you are within a few feet or just inches from our circle.  I love to connect with people.  I love to identify a unique piece of jewelry, hairstyle, clothing or maybe the item they are viewing while shopping.  Why not?  You just never know of you might meet.  You just never know if you might end up having a glass of coffee or adult beverage to round out the by chance meeting.

Last week I visited an estate sale.  I met the owner of this grand historic home in Dripping Springs.  She shared the rich history of the home.  She shared that the house had been her and (now deceased) husband of 40 plus years.  She also told me the story behind the piano sitting in the living room  The piano had belonged to her husbands aunt.  She had taught piano to all the children of the local families.

I knew at that very moment I was exactly where I needed to be on my journey.  I was given a gift of love with a story of rich family history of a house that was home that gave so much love.  I could feel the love.  I could close my eyes to vision the aunt playing the piano as she taught her students.  I could see the love in this woman, who I just happened to meet, for the love of this house..her home.

Oh, how you enrich my journey each day with the abundance of love you have for me.  You are in my life every moment.  You bring me small miracles that touch my heart and soul forever.

I am grateful I have the gift of hospitality.  I am grateful that I was taught to say hello to the person you encounter on your journey.

My life is a beautiful journey.























No comments:

Post a Comment